Monday 20 February 2012

What did I learn?

The answer to that is a lot! I didn't set many stones in the end but I learnt so much from Penny our great tutor for the weekend. I also made all the tools I need to continue practicing at home...and that is exactly what I need...practice. It definitely is a well practiced skill. I feel that I have the knowledge now to develop the skill of flush settings and tension settings. On Sunday we were also introduced to bar settings...I'm looking forward to having a go at making one. I need to download my photos then I will post some and put the rest up on our Facebook page.
So today Mum and I went to The Craft Hobby and Stitch show. We found some new suppliers, some exciting products and also participated in two workshops. The workshops we did were on how to use polymer clay. The first one showed us how to make Mokume Gane using layers of coloured clay and then how to use a bead roller to make beads that we then covered with the patterned layers. It was a great technique that I could see I would use again. The second was how to use the clay to make a rose...I really enjoyed this workshop and could see the potential for using the technique in a new workshop. I'm thinking maybe using the clay to make focal flower beads then baking and using them in a necklace....got to give it some more thought but it sounds exciting! Looking forward to getting into my own bed tonight and after all the fabulous food I consumed while at West Dean looking forward to getting back to the gym!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Back Home...well nearly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment