Thursday 19 January 2012

Manic Thursday

What a day today...it has been non stop all day with workshops and private tuition. This is the first time I've been able to relax all day apart from this morning at 6.10am when I woke to prepare myself for the day!! I'm currently looking for a new member of staff to help me out with everything that's happening...it's all very exciting. Yesterday I sent out an advert for a part-time member of staff and within 2 hours I had 10 responses...looking promising!! Today Charlie, who's helping out at the moment, created a great Valentines display on our mantel piece. It's exploding with red, pink, sparkly beads and lots of ideas for the romantic day. Tomorrow she'll be working on a Steampunk display. We have some great packs of Steampunk parts, here's a little peek...



Tomorrow I have some private tuition using Precious Metal Clay then this weekend I'll be passing on my knowledge of Beads and Stringing and Copper Clay. I've been playing with some copper clay this week...seeing what processes can be applied to it once fired. I'll report back after the weekend if I don't find the time before.
Bye for now.

Location:Amy Surman - The Oxford Bead Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment