Thursday 20 August 2009

Our Jersey Trip and Weddings...

We returned from Jersey on Monday....it was so lovely seeing Harry (and Lucy of course!!). When we arrived in Jersey on the Thursday they had the Battle of Flowers just starting...I took lots of photo's but here's some of my Favourites...



Can you believe these are all made from flowers.....yes every little bit!!!




I managed to get these photos before the parade started. We also managed to speak to some of the people that put them together. They said that they had been working on the floats since February then started to put the flowers on from Sunday and finished Thursday morning at about 3am(ish)!! It was totally amazing - unbelievable!! We were so lucky to arrive when we did.




On the Thursday afternoon Stuart and I hired bikes then got ready for a long bike ride starting Friday morning. Jersey is so beautiful and hiring bikes was the perfect way to see the island. You can pick the bikes up from a number of hire companies on the island - we used Zebra in St Helier. Cycle route maps are available from the tourism office and most hotels/ B&Bs. We cycled up to some beautiful beaches..



...some very long steep hills that we then had the pleasure gliding down....



...and collected some souvenirs along the way.



On the Saturday we went to Carl & Rachel's wedding - the purpose of the visit. The day was very magical and the weather was perfect. Due to some of us being more hungover than others I spent Sunday morning on my own. I first visited The Shell Garden. This was pretty cool - started in 1957 and still being added to today. The guy on the gate was the third generation. Reminded of a great book I have called Fantasy Worlds - a Tashen book. I then went to a wonderful gallery filled with beautiful things and inspiring objects in St Aubin - I think St Aubin was my favourite place for its nice resturants, bars, galleries, views and interesting buildings.




On Tuesday it was back to work. Lucy, Mum and Kay did a great job holding fort. On Tuesday I had a wedding ring workshop. Jeff and Pauline came in to make their own wedding rings - it was a lovely four hours and they finished in perfect time with perfect rings - Congratulations.X



Hard at Work



The finished Rings

No comments:

Post a Comment